Single PCI card multiple outputs
Teach qemu's qxl device to provide multiple outputs.
- Alon Levy
- Targeted Release: None yet
- 0% complete
We currently use four different PCI cards to enable four monitors output. This has a few limitations:
- Requires our X driver to support Xinerama instead of RandR (or alternatively teach RandR to work with multiple PCI cards)
- Takes more then one PCI slot (as we don't support multifunction=on, so this is a real problem)
- Fragments the PCI BARs,
- instead of: 256MB devram, 256MB vram
- or even: 196MB devram, 196MB vram (due to 99%_limit(4) == 196, while 99%_limit(1) * 4 = 256).
- we have: [64,64,64,64] devram, [64,64,64,64] vram
- Backward compatible - all existing drivers still works.
- Initially do static allocation, i.e. -device qxl,monitors=4
- Later dynamically:
- cards have support for reporting inserted jacks. Is there support for creating jacks on the fly (XDDM/WDDM/X&Linux) ?