Copy-paste data between client & guest.
Specifically the types of data include:
- support for arbitrary sized data.
- do not require large buffers in server (throttling in server between guest and client)
- translation between different client and guest semantics
The text will be passed as utf-8 between the server and the client. It will be the guest's agent responsibility to translate it to utf-8 from whatever internal representation is used (windows uses utf16).
Images will be basically passed as png. TOTHINK: other formats (e.g. jpeg)
Other types TOTHINK
- Arnon Gilboa
- Targeted Release: 0.6.3
- Windows guest agent:
- png support
- request queue
- prevent mouse blocking by clipboard - dedicated clipboard channel
- support multi-ports with multi-chunk data in parallel (currently only clipboard)
- clipboard disable
- support complete disable for security (libspice? currently clipboard-passthrough)
- configurable size limitation of clipboard data
client-copy->guest-paste (for guest-copy->client-paste switch col 2 and 3)
|small||-> cb changed||-> GRAB||-> I own cb|
|small||<- cb request||<- REQUEST||<- cb requested|
|small-large||-> cb contents||-> CONTENTS x||-> cb contents|
|small||-> cb released||-> RELEASE||-> cb release|