To connect to a virtual machine using SPICE, you need a client application.
spice-gtk is a GTK+2 and GTK+3 SPICE widget. It features glib-based objects for SPICE protocol parsing and a gtk widget for embedding the SPICE display into other applications such as virt-manager. Python bindings are available too.
- SPICE GTK+ Widget - spice-gtk-0.30.tar.bz2
- virt-viewer Windows installer - 32 bit - can be downloaded from virt-manager download page
- virt-viewer Windows installer - 64 bit - can be downloaded from virt-manager download page
- Old Windows client - spice-client-win32-0.6.3.zip
Windows libraries - these are runtime dependencies of the old SPICE client, wspice-x86_20110308.zip
UsbDk - A Windows filter driver developed for Spice USB redirection (windows client side), UsbDk_1.0.12_x64.msi UsbDk_1.0.12_x86.msi (source code)
Android client:aSPICE is a secure, SSH capable, open source SPICE protocol client that makes use of the LGPL licensed native libspice library. You can find and install aSpice from play.google.com Please support the work and GPL open-source software by buying the donation version of this program called aSpice Pro!
This is a plugin for browsers compatible with the Mozilla plugin API (for example Firefox or Chromium). It's used for launching the SPICE client from the oVirt user portal. This plugin is currently Linux-only.
- SPICE browser plugin - spice-xpi-2.8.tar.bz2
- For fedora: yum install spice-xpi
This section contains various optional drivers and daemons that can be installed on the guest to provide enhanced SPICE integration and performance.
- SPICE vdagent - spice-vdagent-0.16.0.tar.bz2
- x.org QXL video driver - xf86-video-qxl-0.1.4.tar.bz2; Also contains Xspice
- Windows guest tools - spice-guest-tools-0.100.exe This installer contains some optional drivers and services that can be installed in Windows guest to improve SPICE performance and integration. This includes the qxl video driver and the SPICE guest agent (for copy and paste, automatic resolution switching, ...)
- Windows QXL driver This is not needed if you are using the Windows guest tools installer above.
- Windows SPICE agent This is not needed if you are using the Windows guest tools installer above.
The SPICE server code is needed when building SPICE support into QEMU. It should be available as a package in your favourite Linux distribution, which is the preferred way of getting it.
0.12.6 - stable release
- SPICE - Server spice-0.12.6.tar.bz2
- spice-protocol - headers defining protocols, spice-protocol-0.12.10.tar.bz2
- libusbredir - For USB redirection support.
Xspice - an X and Spice server. Requires Xorg. See README.xspice.
- See wiki for known problems and work arounds.
- The latest sources are the same as the xf86-video-qxl driver above, Xspice is mostly reusing that driver and linking directly with spice-server.
Information about SPICE git repositories can be found here.