Adequate user experience and the lack of a good solution for virtual machine
remote access were what sparked the Spice project. To ensure that Spice is a
success, the following project goals were set:
- To deliver a high-quality user experience, similar to local machine, in LAN
- To maintain low CPU consumption in order to have high VM density on the host
- To provide high-quality video streaming
Why choose Spice?
- Spice offers greater user experience and increased usability and reliability
- Spice has a lot more space to evolve
- Spice is open source
- Spice architecture is cross-platform, allowing for greater interoperability
Under what license is Spice distributed?
Most of Spice sources are distributed under GPL v2. For some exceptions the
project uses LGPL or BSD style licenses. Documents are distributed under
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.
How does Spice work?
Download Spice for Newbies for information on Spice basic architecture,
components, and features.
How can I contribute to Spice?
Your help and feedback are welcomed. If you are a Spice user, refer to the
Documentation page. For developers, refer to the Developers page.